Search This Blog

Friday 25 December 2009

IT'S CHRIIIIISSSSTMAAAASSSSS!!!!!!!

All right, I'll admit it: I am slightly tipsy (I say tipsy because it's possible my mother is reading this), but it's the festive season so why on earth not? Why anywhere not, indeed?

My day has been a most unusual one. It is the very first time in twenty-five years that I have awakened on Christmas morning alone in the house. That was a remarkable twist. I always knew there would come a Christmas day when I would wake up in a house other than my mother's but now that the day has arrived, I do still feel odd.

It is also the first Christmas my nephew fully understood as Christmas. He turned two last month and though has always been rather quick on the uptake, this Yule is the first one where he has been able to wish people a happy Christmas. Well, his translation was "'appy Kissmas", but that's better than the barely intelligable burbles of last year.

At the risk of sounding repetitative, there is another first this year: I discovered sherry the other day on the East Lancashire Railway's Santa Special ride, which we took Leo on, and having both decided sherry is actually rather nice, Mum and I got some in for Christmas (by Mum and I, I mean that I got it off the shelf in Tesco and she paid for it). Anyway, blame sherry for my mild inebriation. And I hasten to add (another first!) I've never been drunk on Christmas till this particular occasion.

I think that's about it, except I feel it necessary to say I now rather fancy a bar of chocolate....

2 comments:

  1. The last time I had sherry I disassembled a shelving unit in my sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL amongst other things! That was a great story, Naomi :)

    ReplyDelete