Search This Blog

Tuesday 22 December 2009

!£$%^&* BOILER

It is a thoroughly fed up and miffed young woman sitting in the armchair in front of the TV at her mother's house at 2.30am, typing this. My flat, my new flat, my beautiful flat is without hot water or central heating until further notice.

I returned home a couple of hours ago and went into the bedroom to turn on the central heating. As soon as I opened the door of the boiler cupboard I was almost knocked out by the stink of escaping gas. This being my first own home, and therefore my first boiler, I texted my Mum: 'I can smell gas in me boiler cupboard.' She duly rang back, asked several questions and rang off to call the emergency line for this sort of thing (I also had no phone credit - talk about everything going wrong at once!).

The engineer arrived within twenty minutes and diagnosed the problem, but not before I'd had to stand outside (apparently there's a danger or explosion with gas leaks) in my pyjamas, in five-inch-thick snow.

So after just spending just two nights in my new home, I am now back in the old one....

No comments:

Post a Comment